Jessen Lodge | Longford
Historic Convict Site in Longford
Jessen Lodge was circa 1827 when was the Governor of Tasmania, then known as Van Diemen’s Land.
The Jessen Lodge was built in 1827 as the ‘Longford Hotel’. As was the case for several local buildings, Jessen Lodge served several purposes during its lifetime: Jessen Lodge became a hotel, bank, library, livery stables, doctor’s surgery and temperence house at various stages of its history.
Find out more about Jessen Lodge.
Address: William St
Municipality: Northern Midlands Council